toller wrote:
Needing to play with my new toy (a 24" omnijig), but not actually

needing
any dovetails at the moment; I found that a 15/64" straight bit with

a 7/16"
guide cuts a perfect box joint with the standard dovetail template.

It is
good for up to 1/2" wood.

Have I discovered this, or have people been doing it for centuries?

Okay,
it is not a big deal, but it is cheaper than buying the box joint

template.

Toller,

Why did you choose the omnijig over the akeda or leigh? Just curious

Has anyone used the new Porter Cable dovetail jigs? The look like they
are better made then their predecessors, but are made out of stamped
steel (1/8") instead of extruded aluminum. 4212 model comes with more
template capabilities for a fairly small incremental price increase.
Joe