U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On 27 Dec 2004 11:20:45 -0800, wrote:
I need to figure out the taper angle on a piece of wood. Can someone
help me out?? The piece is 18 7/16" long. The top is 1 11/16" wide and
the bottom is 2 3/16" wide. What angle would I need to cut that?

Thanks

"The angle of the piece"

Anything else is trying to calculate an angle from measurements, which
are necessarily imprecise, doing icky decimal arithmetic, which is also
imprecise.

Instead what you do is say, "Who CARES what the *expletive deleted*
angle is? I'll just set my taper jig so that it matches the workpiece."

Or the sliding bevel or whatever measuring tool is right for the job.

VERY small errors magnify greatly over the length of your piece.
Measure direct and save your hair.