carl mciver

I don't know the exact tool you have, but something that I've done that
works on occasion for certain items is to wrap a fan belt around the item,
clamp the belt in a vise, and voila, a perfect strap wrench you can put some
real leverage on. Of course, it helps to have a helper holding the main
part in place.

ps.com...