LRod

On 27 Dec 2004 11:20:45 -0800, wrote:

I need to figure out the taper angle on a piece of wood. Can someone
help me out?? The piece is 18 7/16" long. The top is 1 11/16" wide and
the bottom is 2 3/16" wide. What angle would I need to cut that?

Are you sure you really need the actual angle? Most times a job on a
long-'n-thin piece is done with reference to the dimensions you gave;
not the angle. For one thing, there's far too much margin for error
trying to set such an angle; any error is magnified dramatically over
the length of the work piece.

Also, using a bevel gauge and transferring the angle with it yields
good results, too, if you're trying to fit an adjoining piece.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net