Greg

My generator will be like 5 meters away from the house, tops (in
reality probably even closer). I would prefer not to bury the cable.

I would have to know the situation to understand. If you are going to put the
generator next to a wall that is contiguous all the way to the point where you
go in the house you can strap the wiring method to the wall with a ~1 meter
"whip" to the generator. PVC might actually be a better choice for this with a
liquidtight flexible conduit (AKA sealtite) to the generator. Then you would
just pull 4 #8s or 3 #8s and a #10 ground.
You can put a disconnect in the box where you transition to the sealtite if you
wanted that way of unloading the generator while you are starting it.