A_H

Default Hot Fuses....

Hi,

Some guidance please everyone, apologies for the numptie descriptions and
assumptions, i hope they make sense to you! The electrical setup in my house
seems pretty straightforward. The thick black supply cable that appears from
out of the ground feeds into a black unit stamped Norweb and sealed with a
wire and lead seal (presumably this is the main fuse). From there two tails
feed into the meter then into a switch (isolator ?) and finally into a 100A
split load consumer unit.

The main fuse (stamped Norweb) is always hot to the touch (on the left hand
side if it matters?) even when the meter is turning slowly. When say then
shower (9.5Kw) is running the fuse is hot to the point where its not
possible to keep a finger on it for more that 2 or 3 seconds without it
being painful and there is a definite smell of, not burning, but that
similar to switching on an electric heater thats not been used for months.

I guess the question and concern is whether this is normal? If yes, great,
if not, what do I do next please? Electrician or Electricty Board?

Hope you can help,

Regards
Ron