Mathew J. Newton

Default Location of isolation valve for gas hob?

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news snip
It is not uncommon to find hobs installed without local isolation for
servicing, and that is irregular.

The isolator is for _servicing_, in the case of the hob more
likely replacement is the only form of 'servicing' that can be carried
out, and this adds to the case for behind the oven begin quite OK.

It would be unusual to find a valve in the adjacent cupboard.
Were you to complain to CORGI I doubt the matter would get very far.

Thanks for the clarification Ed.

As I was simply interested to learn if this was a) compliant, and b)
best/acceptable practice, then I'm happy with the work carried out.

Cheers,

Mathew