Harold & Susan Vordos

"wallster" wrote in message
snip----
..
Now, i'm usually "too busy" to help certain people.

walt

Your story reminds me of an incident many years ago, when my then
brother-in-law was running a weld shop. A certain guy kept coming by with
small projects for him to do. Weld the kitchen chair, maybe fix the broken
handle on his lawn mower, that kind of stuff. Each and every time he came
by he asked for, and got, a good deal. He was clearly interested in
getting things done either very cheap, or free.

One fine day my ex b-i-l was whining about this guy, so I suggested to him
that the next time he came by with a project, he should suggest to him that
because he'd always been the giver of the good deals, this time we was going
to be the receiver of same. In spite of the fact that this small job was
worth only $5, we wanted to get $20 for it because it was his turn for the
"good deal".

The ex b-i-l totally surprised me by doing exactly that. They guy picked
up his chair and walked out and never came back again.

Some people are in it for what they can get. It's a good idea to sort them
out before they use you until you're used up.

Harold