Mike

I have a 26 year old AO Smith (40 gal electric) that is going strong. I
have virtually no sediment control other than a 26 year old Culligan
softner. I think these are the third set of elements on them. I worry
about the energy efficiency of the unit as 26 years ago they were not
so great. It looks quite ancient and the home inspector couldn't
believe it still ran at all. I will just keep replacing elements on it
until it quits.

If it should ever quit, I do hear good things about the tankless units
so I may give that a try.

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I installed an AO Smith a couple years ago. So, yes, I do have

experience.
Replaced a dip tube in another one, and can't think of the other time

I had
experience with one.

--

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank

wrote in message

Anyone have any experience with AO Smith, G.E., or Whirlpool natural

gas
water heaters?
I have a 14 year-old AO Smith 40 Gal looking to replace before it

dies.
Thanks!