Swingman

"nigel" wrote in message
I'm looking for some basic guidance on the gentle art of making drawers
(and the carcass to put them in of course) without using metal drawer
slides or such.

What type of drawer fronts are you anticipating?

Generally speaking, the planning and precision necessary to fit drawers with
wooden components varies with the type of drawer front. With an inset
drawer, advance planning and a good deal of precision fitting is generally a
must and can take some time. With an overlay drawer front, you can generally
get away with less precision fitting.

I briefly discuss a couple of methods I often use with wooden drawer
components on my website. Go to page 3 of the project journal, about
half-way down, under Arts and Crafts End Table.

While not a full explanation, you may find something helpful. Ask away if
you have any questions.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04