Duane Bozarth

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 01:40:04 -0500, Silvan
calmly ranted:

Larry Jaques wrote:

through there. Serveral times he stopped and stood in the sunshine
a few yards from a blowing snowstorm, as if there were a wall there
and the storm was contained behind it. Damndest thing he ever saw.

I've seen that too, here in Virginia. Almost like there's some kind of
invisible forcefield keeping the white stuff on the other side of the line.
Very weird.

We get weather like that especially in late spring.

Ditto on Little Rock AFB in the 60s. I'd be on one side of
the street in the sunshine while it rained like hell (80F
summer rain) on the other side of the street, and I could
watch the line of wetness progress slowly toward me. Great
stuff for an 8-year-old.

My brother and I used to complain that Dad would always get rained out
and we would both have to stay out in the field all day...did seem like
that, often, although I'm sure there were instances the other way as
well we selectively forgot!

It's a general phenomenon, of course...the precipitation line has to be
somewhere...it just is most often not where we happen to be standing.