Barry N. Turner

Just this advice. If you just want to "sample" woodturning, try to find a
woodturner near you. He might be willing to give you a quick lesson or
two..........and let you see what turning on a quality lathe is like. The
problem with buying a cheapie is that if you have problems, you may not know
if its you or the lathe." Seriously, I haven't seen any good lathes for
$69.00. About the most economical way to start would be with a Jet Mini at
about $200 or find a used lathe in the classifieds.

Barry

"Sherfey's" wrote in message
I have been wanting to get into bowl turning / carving for awhile now. I
don't have the money to buy a real lathe yet. I don't care to turn

spindles
or aynthing like that, as I am just fascinated (sp) by bowls. So, I have

$75 gift card for the BORG (Men) and they have this Mini Lathe on sale

for
$69 and I was wondering if it is worth getting or not. All I want to do

is
see if this is for me or not. I have this endless supply of black walnut
and this is all I think of doing with this stuff as I don't have a sawmill
handy.

Scott