Cliff Hartle

I think you have to replace them with more permanent supports on concrete
footers of a certain size.

Post cut to the right length on proper footers. On This Old House they
always called them lally (sp?) collumns.

"THOMAS BRYANT" wrote in message
I live in VA. I have about 10 house (screw) jacks supporting the 1st floor
joists in the crawl space under my house.

Would anyone care to tell me this is not "code" in VA. or probably
anywhere else?! I didn't know they were not proper here. Or maybe they are
OK, I'm not sure, so if anyone knows I would appreciate the advice.

Does anyone know exactly what I need to do to bring this to code? Blocks?
Concrete footers? etc.?

--
Thomas Bryant - BSIT
"Tommy"