nigel

Default Drawer making (traditional) howto help ?

I'm looking for some basic guidance on the gentle art of making drawers
(and the carcass to put them in of course) without using metal drawer
slides or such.

I know about the basic stuff (making the basic drawer box, hidden
dovetails sides to front etc) -- what I'm looking for is the "drawer in
carcass info": recomendations for runner shape and positioning,
clearances to allow easy movement without too much 'sideways twist'
jamming, placing of stops to prevent pulling the drawer out too far,
and so on ...

I'm happy to pay for plans if someone can point me at what they would
consider a good set for making drawers and carcasses the 'traditional'
way. Most plans I've seen (DAGS)so far either just say 'add purchases
drawer slide hardware' or pay no real attention to the finer points and
just have the drawer (rectangular box) slide into a rectangular hole.

A good book would also be a worthwhile purchase, if you can recommend
one for me!

Hope I've been clear enough - I don't even know the proper names for
all these things in woodspeak, I'm afraid.