Bob Schmall

"SteveC1280" wrote in message
I just completed a cherry jewelry box for SWMBO with birds-eye maple drawer
fronts. This is my first cherry project. What do you recommend for a
finish
that will compliment both woods? I don't plan to stain. Yes, I did a
google
search.
BTW, I bought the birds-eye at the neighborhood saw mill with SWMBO.
They
had three beautiful 8' X 8" X 5/4 birds-eye maple boards. I was going to
buy
one. SWMBO said, "Why don't you buy all three?" I gave in and bought all
three. I hate when she pushes me around. ;)

Steve

Steve:
I just finished a curly maple jewelry box for LOML. The finish is a coat of
boiled linseed oil to pop the grain, flooded on, wiped after 1/2 hour to
remove excess, then dried for a week. Over that, General oil/poly in satin.
Shazam.

Bob