Dean

"DoN. Nichols"

"Inserts"? You mean tool holders?

Yes, I meant tool holders. I guess inserts sounds more like replaceable
carbide tips.

I use at least some Bison products -- but they come from Poland,
not Oz. Those which I use (chucks and backplates) I have found to be
excellent.

I did not know that they made quick-change toolholders. But it
would not surprise me.

I use a mix of Phase-II and Aloris (in the BXA/Seris-200 size),
and I *seriously* crank down on the setscrews -- all four of them, if
the tool shank is long enough -- and I have never had a failure as a
result. They (both Aloris and Phase-II) appear to be case hardened, not
through hardened, as is appropriate for the function.

Thanks for that. I hope these Bison ones are just case hardened too. I'll
soon find out !

Dean.