nightjar

"Kat" wrote in message

I'm looking for a van for use when I renovate my house, then move out.
I want something small as possible (because it will be my only vehicle
for a while) However, it must be big enough to carry 4' x 8' sheets of
plasterboard, MDF etc inside. Anyone suggest some models?
Toyota Hi-ace? Nissan Vanette? Others?

It's got to be smaller than a Ford Transit; that's for sure. Toyota
Lite-Ace would be nice but I guess they are too short to fit 8' x 4'
sheets in...

Personally, I would choose the car I need, have a tow hook fitted on it, and
either hire a trailer when I needed one or, if the use justified it, buy
one.

For example, the Ifor Williams BV5 will take 2400 x 1200 mm sheets flat
inside

http://www.iwt.co.uk/products/boxvan/bv5.htm

or the BV4 will take them standing on edge

http://www.iwt.co.uk/products/boxvan/bv4.htm

I used one of the latter to take furniture the length of France a couple of
years ago.

My local Ifor Williams dealer hires out trailers and I would be surprised if
others did not do so as well.

Colin Bignell