George E. Cawthon

THOMAS BRYANT wrote:
I live in VA. I have about 10 house (screw) jacks supporting the 1st floor
joists in the crawl space under my house.

Would anyone care to tell me this is not "code" in VA. or probably anywhere
else?! I didn't know they were not proper here. Or maybe they are OK, I'm
not sure, so if anyone knows I would appreciate the advice.

Does anyone know exactly what I need to do to bring this to code? Blocks?
Concrete footers? etc.?

You can't get a reliable answer here. You have to ask the
building department or authority for whatever city or county
at your location. Since you have only 10 jacks they can't
be the main support and are likely installed just to level
the floor.