mac davis

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 03:51:25 GMT, "Sherfey's"
wrote:

I have been wanting to get into bowl turning / carving for awhile now. I
don't have the money to buy a real lathe yet. I don't care to turn spindles
or aynthing like that, as I am just fascinated (sp) by bowls. So, I have a
$75 gift card for the BORG (Men) and they have this Mini Lathe on sale for
$69 and I was wondering if it is worth getting or not. All I want to do is
see if this is for me or not. I have this endless supply of black walnut
and this is all I think of doing with this stuff as I don't have a sawmill
handy.

Scott

Scott... I honestly don't think a $70 mini lathe is going to make you
happy...
if you don't have precision, you aren't going to be happy with the
results..
(google this NG for comments on the Harbor Freight mini lathe)

I'd suggest the Jet Mini lathe..
if you shop (usually Amazon) you can get it for $200 or less, or send
me a few hundred pounds of that black walnut, and I'll ship a new mini
to you *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing