mac davis

On 26 Dec 2004 07:57:44 -0800, "jamesleroy"
wrote:

Hello, I'm new to wood turning and plan to purchase the Jet mini lathe.
My question is..what else do I need to purchase in order to turn pens,
bowls and boxes. Chuck?...insert? (which) ....jaws?...I know I need
cutting tools and should get a shield but just not sure what comes
included. would appreciate advice on good quality turning tools.
Anything else I need? Thanks Jim

Out of the box, the mini is ready to plug in and run... no assembly..
it's preset at 500 rpm (slowest speed) which is a good place to leave
it for a while..
It comes with faceplate & spur center on the head stock and a very
nice live center on the tail stock..

If you're considering the optional legs, I'd suggest that you try the
lathe and then decide... personally, i set it on a utility tool table
when I got it last week and started making shavings..

I'll build a rolling cabinet for it and the turning tools and stuff...
and still probably not spend the $150 they want for the legs..

There's a picture of my "nearly new" Jet mini on this page is you're
interested:
https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis/xmas-04.htm

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing