Bill Rubenstein

Yep -- I really should have said **nix or something like that but didn't want to confuse.

Pray for us -- if there were a **nix version of Quicken and/or QuickBooks I and a lot of
other people would kiss Microsoft goodbye. I almost think that M is paying Intuit big bucks
so that they won't do a linux version. All other applications can be found with good quality
and low cost (most no cost) under linux. OpenOffice may not be quite as mature as the MS
office products but it works just fine and it is free. BTW, I'm using it as my office suite
under Windows xp.

Bill

In article ,
says...
On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 20:45:44 +0000, Bill Rubenstein wrote:

NEVER do business with any web hosting site which is running on a
Microsoft product. If it ain't Linux based, it is guaranteed to be
trouble. Most of the stable hosts out there are running Linux with the
Apache web server which is the defacto standard -- it just keeps on
ticking and ticking...

Bill

I would assume that, for the purposes of this thread, the term
"Linux" refers to Unix and BSD operating systems as well. BSD dominates
the top 50 list of stable machines in the Netcraft survey. There have been
NO MSFT machines on that list for quite some time.