RotorBalls RotorBalls is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choreboy
For Christmas I visited relatives with a Bose stereo. The tuner/CD
changer feeds audio through a cord to the subwoofer, which has the
amplifier.

A CD has jammed in the changer. The way to open the case is not
obvious. Bose says it would void the warranty, but they will charge
$200 plus shipping to fix it.

Would it be better to replace that component with another brand of tuner/changer?
Interesting that you'd have the exact same problem I'm having right now with the lifestyle model 20. The changer was changing disk when one became stuck. You can hear the motor humming when plugged in as it's trying to ready the disk and the manual eject button on the bottom of the unit will not eject the cartrige enough to get it out because of this. I'm sure there's some special tool to remove the plastics from the unit, but a work around would be nice. I've dissasembled more complicated electrical components than this so I'm sure I could fix it once the plastic is safely removed.