John Rumm

Andy Hall wrote:

Some ISPs do address range limitations to prevent their news servers
being used by other than their customers, but there are enough open
ones around and this is before getting into use of trojan plants on
legitimate machines being used to relay posts to look legitimate.

I noted that the plusnet server had killed them before I saw them,
however there was an interesting side effect, in that the original
"mice" thread headers were also removed from the server as well. I only
noticed when I synched another copy of Mozilla on another PC that the
from my cached thread headers on this PC.

--
Cheers,

John.