jmuller

Default Dead Optima Montior

Hi Everyone.

I have a dead Optima Montior KM511 Chassis C-411 (says the back).
It is 100% totally dead. I foud the bridge rectifier was short and the
main filter cap leaky. All was replaced. The very front of the power
supply is working (well, the filter cap charges).

I found the main switching transistor short. The closest match I can find
is "sss6n60" Power mosfet n-channel TO220.

I THINK it's a Power MOSFET. Does anyone know what Q901 is in this
particular model? Hopfully this is the only problem. The HOT seems ok.

Also my main "supplier" is Dicksmith Electronics. www.dse.com.au
Could someone with far more knowledge than I check weather:
(cat no. search)
z1860
z1870
z1855