On 27 Dec 2004 03:09:52 GMT, (BKeane71) wrote:

Hi, everybody.

I have recently made my nephew some blocks out of some spare planks I had
around the house, which are redwood (hey, they were free). What I would like
to know is, does anyone know of any poison precautions or sensitivities people
may have regarding this wood? He is 2 years old, and I'm sure will be putting
them in his mouth.

Thanks,

-Barry

redwood's not too bad.

think about it- any wood that can resist bugs and rot must be toxic
to some degree.

It does seem to me that whatever it is in the redwood that resists
bugs and rot tastes bad enough that a human would have to be pretty
determined to get a toxic dose... based on lots of working with it and
breathing redwood sawdust.