DJ Delorie

writes:
Hi all. I recently purchased the three buff system and have a
couple of questions. First, how can I know if the three wheels are
properly "charged",

IMHO... they're charged a few seconds after you apply the bricks to
them. Use the bricks as an indicator of how much compound you've put
on the first time. Re-charge when it takes longer to buff. You'll
probably recharge more often when the wheels are new, but there's no
point trying to do it all at once.

and second when will the dust/lint/thread situation improve?

Not long. You can use an 80 grit sanding block to knock off a bunch
of it if you're impatient, but since you should be wearing a dust mask
anyway, it doesn't hurt to just let it go at its own pace.