Erma1ina wrote:
wrote:

Anyone have any experience with AO Smith, G.E., or Whirlpool

natural gas water heaters?
I have a 14 year-old AO Smith 40 Gal looking to replace before it

dies. Thanks!

The local pros go with A.O.Smith or Bradford-White (sometimes State).
They avoid heavily marketed brands like Rheem and Ruud.

I replaced my old A.O.Smith about 4 years ago with another A.O.Smith
ProMax, made in South Carolina. So far so good. ;-)

Speaking of Bradford-White, here is a link to some of their tankless,
and some of their competitors. Anyone have a brand preference and a
reason for tankless water heaters?
http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Category.aspx?ID=8

Thanks in advance!