davefr

I know on some doors such as Pella, the roller assemble is simply
press fit into the frame.

Spray some silicone spray into the cavity, bend a coat hander and
wrap it around the roller and use the claw end of a hammer to lever it
out.

Go to the door manufacturers service center to get a matching set of
roller replacement. There are also online suppliers. Just do a
google search.

I wouldn't try and salvage an old worn out roller assembly.

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 13:19:46 -0500, "orangetrader"
wrote:

I have a pair of aluminum glass doors in my patio. One of the doors does
not roll right, very easy to go off track and sometimes have to push real
hard. spraying WD40 on the track did not help. So today I removed the door
and looked at it's bottom - yuck. Some dead roaches a lot of junk. I
cleaned them out of the channel and then examined the rollers - they seem to
be in good "shape" but had rust on them. I sprayed more WD40 on the
rollers, the track, and put it back after the cleaning - not any better.

So I think I need to replace the rollers. But I cannot figure out a way to
remove them. There is no visible screws or bolts from the outside. I tried
to look inside, but with all the grease and dirt I cannot see into it
clearly especially with that yucky "mini brush" thingie attached to the
bottom of the channel. I then tried to shove a screw driver inside and
poked around and the roller will "rotate" out by 90 degrees - still attached
to the door but showing most of the wheel. But nothing exposed indicate how
I can remove them.

There is a screw on the side towards the bottom of the door, I removed it,
but nothing seem to come loose. I hope the roller replacement does not mean
removing the entire bottom channel and detaching it from the glass panel?

Can someone help? I am not sure I provided enough information to indicate
what type of doors I have or are they mostly the same?

Thanks in advance,