Art

Could be something related to the supplied signal, power source the devices
are connected to, etc. These types of distortion are only located by one at
a time connecting each item to the set to determine what is causing the
symptom to appear. If it does it only with the DVD connected and is not
visible on the set with only the signal source then it may be hookup or
power source. If it does it only when the source, Be it CATV, Satellite,
OTA, etc then the tele may be suspect but I'd still suspect externally
generated noise. Since it is showing up on two different teles I'd also
suspect highly it being signal source generated. What does the sets look
like with a RF signal generator connected, and via the available AVIO jacks
on the back. Is the bar visible without the source connected while using
only a signal generator?? Need to isolate the devices from the signal source
and check each with a verified signal generator to see if the bar is endemic
in the signal source, such as a defective signal amplifier, ground loop in
the hookup, etc. This kind of fault can be relative difficult to actually
determine the exact source, and then to eliminate it. Good Luck!!
"William R. Walsh" wrote in
message news:xVHzd.566244$wV.352665@attbi_s54...
Hi!

This sounds like a "hum bar" and is usually caused by dried up

electrolytic
capacitors in the power supply.

Yeah, but why on a brand new set? That's the part I find really strange.

William