Tim R.

Thank you.

I'll do as you suggested. I've dealt with bad solder joints before and they
are an often overlooked problem.

"rpbc" spicer_17@protected .com wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment
..com...
The pitch change means nothing but a slight loading of that circuit, or
loss of incoming sync. If the flyback was not working you would have no
raster, which you have because of snow, plus the high voltage is okay.
The presence of snow, and white noise in the audio indicates everything
after the tuner is working, that the IF circuits are working full gain
with no AGC from incoming signal. You are probably right in your first
thoughts, it is in the RF selector, the tuner. Check supply voltage to
it, also, if possible, remove it as a unit and carefully solder all board
connections with a quality iron... you might fix a bad solder joint, not
an unusual fix for that kind of problem. If possible, flex the board when
the problem is there and see if it produces any change. If so, go after
with the iron.