Lew Hodgett

"Nova" writes:

Lake effect snows are funny.

Tell me about it.

The official reporting point for Cleveland is Hopkins Airport on the west
side of the city.

Average yearly snow fall is less than 6 ft.

20 miles east in Chardon, Oh, heart of the snow belt, 10+ ft is the normal.

The official measurement at the Buffalo airport, about 10 miles east
of the lake was 11".

My local salesman for the Western New York area lived in Buffalo and worked
out of his house.

At least once or twice a year he would be up on his roof shoveling off snow
when I would call.

Ah the memories.

Today, I wait for a winter storm to come in off the Pacific and dump a bunch
of rain on SoCal.

Really screws up my fiberglass laying work.

Lew