Jeff Wisnia

I have a new Black and Decker "Firestarter" 4" angle grinder. I
accidentally put the grinding disk on upside down (the protruding part
facing toward the machine), and now I can't get it off. I've tried
putting the wrench that came with it inside a piece of metal tubing,
and turning. This only bent the tool. Any suggestions on how to
remove the disk?

Don't get insulted, but is there any possibility you've gotten
disoriented and are "loosening it" in the wrong direction?

I really can't think of why putting the disk on bass ackwards would
cause the securing nut to jam that hard.

I suppose if all else fails you could break away the disk and then
chisel the parts still in the metal flange away. That ought to relieve
the pressure on the clamping nut.

Jeff (Who's messed up "lefty loosey" a few times when approaching a
fastener from an odd angle...)

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)