John DeBoo

I just made a doll bed for my grandaughter out of cedar fence material
(not red) and covered it w/ poly. Major mistake. It took a week for it
to fully dry, still smells a little and doesn't look near as nice as I
expected after 2 coats.

I'll experiment w/ varnish next and maybe even some wax. Something has
got to go on it to protect it yet keep the odor of the wood.
John

Robert Miller wrote:

I installing some Red Cedar closet boards in a motorhome as panaling,
because it looks
nice and will kill the motorhome musty smell. I need to finish the cedar
with something,
but I'm sure polyurithan looks nice, but will kill the fresh smell.

Currently I'm thinking of cutting panals of the 1/4" cedar chip board and
glueing the
cedar boards to that and leave a 1/4" air space in back so I can use the
polyurithane on
the front side and still let the back side breath.

Does anybody have a better idea?

Thanks in advance!

Robert