TURTLE

wrote in message ...
Anyone have any experience with AO Smith, G.E., or Whirlpool natural gas water
heaters?
I have a 14 year-old AO Smith 40 Gal looking to replace before it dies.
Thanks!

This is Turtle.

The 14 year old A.O. Smith hot water tank you have now is one of the older good
ones and if you buy a new one your going to the new cheaply made stuff. I would
not say go to the cheapest stuff made unless you had to , by failure.

Now I'm not a expert at hot water tanks but if I was going to replace my hot
water tank I would go with a Ruud - Ruudglas EnergyMiser Gas hot water tank. 6
years warranty on all parts. The second choice would be the A.O. Smith but it is
a cheap one like the rest of then of G/E , Whirlpool , and Frigidaire. Thes 4
seem to come out of the same factory for they are iditically made.

TURTLE