Swingman

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

Usually moisture helps rather than hurts -- dry cold is typically the
more damaging. Often they'll mist (particularly at bloom time) to keep
the water vapor in the air so it's more difficult for the air
temperature to drop...at least that's what I was always told

Not always. I specifically said advective freezing, where "moisture" plays a
part, combined with wind. The resultant evaporative cooling below ambient
temperature causes the damage to the grove. With this cold front there was a
lot of cloud cover and it was apparently not cold enough, for long enough,
to cause radiational freeze damage.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04