Bill Otten

You'll need a set of turning tools...I use a smaller set for pens. You'll
need the mandrel which fits into the headstock. Woodcraft and others have
them...it's a #2 Morse taper. You'll need the proper bushings for the size
pen you're making...they're inexpensive. For your bowls etc, you'll need a
different chuck, the included faceplate is limited somewhat. The thread on
the headstock is a 1" with 8 threads per inch, and many chucks such as
Craftsman, Delta, etc will fit. Start small, and enjoy!

bill

"jamesleroy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello, I'm new to wood turning and plan to purchase the Jet mini lathe.
My question is..what else do I need to purchase in order to turn pens,
bowls and boxes. Chuck?...insert? (which) ....jaws?...I know I need
cutting tools and should get a shield but just not sure what comes
included. would appreciate advice on good quality turning tools.
Anything else I need? Thanks Jim