Shawn Bernard

Default Purpling of Purpleheart -- Denouement

P van Rijckevorsel wrote:
Next phase: put a bit of freshly surfaced purpleheart in an enclosed

box
with a blacklight that emits UV only and see what happens ;-)
PvR

Charlie Spitzer schreef
yes. all fl lights put out some uv light. some fl lights put out

nothing
but uv light (black lights, germicidal), or near-uv light (actinic).

regards,

charlie
cave creek, az

"Leon" wrote
To add to this a bit, I understand your findings to be true and I

understand that warm temperatures will change the wood back to brown.

If
you put the purple heart out in the Summer sun light out doors, you

may end
up with brown.
Also I understand that fluorescent lights do indeed emit UV

light.