JGS

I took a sharpening course at LV and the instructors mentioned several times
that the slower 1700 rpm was preferred to the 3450 models. Even with the slow
speed it's very easy to over heat certain steels. I bought the VS Delta and am
happy with it. Make sure you get a white wheel for what ever you buy. Cheers, JG

Michael Billings wrote:

I'm looking at buying a bench grinder at this point more for fixing and
sharpening blades for hand tools. I keep hearing about either slower
spinning wheels or variable speed versions. Right now I can get a good deal
on a delta variable speed or a General international which is only one speed
(slow). They are both 6" models. Any opinion on a good choice? Perhaps
theres a better option.

Thanks,

Michael B.