mich

"BigWallop" wrote in message
k...

"Paul Mc Cann" wrote in message
.. .
In article om,
says...
On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 12:15:40 -0000, Paul Mc Cann wrote:

snipped and cant be sure of the attribution above,

There are 4 or 5 'feral' cats around us and they seem to do a good job
on local vermin, including the odd pigeon, though twice I've witnessed a
hawk down a wood pigeon into the back garden. Strangely he seemed very
wary of 3 or 4 magpies who materialised within a few minutes and stalked
around him and his kill until he took off.

You could also try encouraging your local neighbourhood fox or vixen around
the property instead of hunting them to death!
I have found since a vixen has been crossing my land I have had less
trouble. I also have a cat ( house version) who keeps the blighters at bay!