Dean

Default Bison brand toolpost concern

I have a Myford ML7 and finally got round to getting a height adjustable
toolpost and inserts. The set is made in the UK by 'Bison' and I'm just a
bit worried that the lower lip of the insert's 'C' channel - ( basically the
side of the insert where you clamp the toolbit with set screws ) looks a bit
weak. This is because the whole insert has that hardened feel to it and I
once easily snapped the bottom of a toolpost insert by simply clamping a
tool in it with moderate force. However, it was a Chinese cheapie and this
should be a bit more carefully heat treated.

So if anyone has used the Bison brand toolpost inserts and had them snap,
I'd like to know about it before I do the same.

Thanks for any help
and I hope Santa left you all some shiny new tools !
( But only if you'd been good )

Dean.