Dennis Turner

toller wrote:
My 6 year old LiftMaster/Chamberlain 1265 has stopped working. When I push
the button it hums for a few seconds twice, and then nothing. I disengaged
the door, but it doesn't help.
Any ideas what to do? I sent them an email, but with the holidays I am
sure it will be a week or two until they reply. Funny thing is that you
have a choice of complaint, and one is "hums without working"; but their FAQ
does not mention the solution.
Thanks.

Sounds like the gears are stripped. A new gear set can be installed
without replacing the opener. Had one done a couple years ago was $35
plus the cost of the service call ($65 I think). Of course this gets
pretty close to the cost of a new opener if you do the install yourself.
You could probably order & install the gear set yourself, but I'm not
sure how difficult it would be.