James Sweet

"James" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"James Sweet" wrote in message
news:dfEyd.2120$1U6.132@trnddc09...

Freon isn't a greenhouse gas, it reacts with ozone and is the cause of

the
large hole above the arctic.

Kindly demonstrate proof that use of freon "caused" the hole in the ozone,
and that it wasn't already there and doesn't fluctuate in size on it's own
due to natural forces.

Science quiz, do you know where ozone comes from?

Ozone is caused by diatomic oxygen molecules being busted apart by shortwave
UV light, they then recombine into Ozone (O3).

I can't *prove* that freon "caused" the ozone hole any more than I can
personally "prove" that the earth is round or that the moon is not made of
cheese, but it's widely accepted to be a substantial contributor. Yeah
there's a lot of BS environmental hysteria out there but there's some
substance to some of it. A quick google search brings up hundreds of links
to various reading. If the internet is not considered a trustworthy source
there's plenty of respected scientific books and magazines with coverage of
the subject at most libraries.

Since the manufacture of CFC's was banned in the US the world has not fallen
apart, technology has come to the rescue and developed suitable substitutes.