Russ Wizinsky

If they are like stepper motors, your supposed to run the motor at 5 to 20
times the rated voltage. I've not messed with servos, I'm considering it
because I've got a machine I want to retro fit controls on and I'd have to
replace all the servos, but I'm just not into "Tuning" the servos.

"oparr" wrote in message
Anybody using a G320 drive with a 12V servo motor? How risky is this? G320
specs state 18V as minimum voltage and voltage should not exceed motor
rated voltage by more than 5V. Would forward/reversed biased diodes in
parallel connected in series with each armature lead be wise or not
necessary? I'm about to call Gecko but the more help the better.