Christopher H. Laco

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Christopher H. Laco wrote:

My guess is the connections of the wires from the lights to the
wire coming in with the power for the lights. It was not properly
connected to start with and now the vibration and temperature
changes have loosened the connections. Do fix it soon as it can be
a hazard.

Sigh. I hate problems without patterns. I went back in to watch tv,
and it kicked off after 5 minutes, so I took apart the lighting
part. All of the connections are rock solid. I left it on/unstrung
outside of the lighting housing and of course it stayed on fior the
last 5 hours. I just put it back together.

Heavy sigh. Don't even get me started about my windows.
Time for some breakfast.

-=Chris

Just an update. I swapped out the lighting fixtures between my two
Rosemont fans, and the problem followed. It's definately the
fixture/board that went bad.

Now for the fun part; HUnter Customer Service :-/

-=Chris

I wonder what kind of circuit that thing has that controls the lights?
Could it have some sort of over heat protection? Does it have an integrated
dimmer control?

It does have an itegrated dimmer. I should try doing a full sweep on the
dimmer and see if it will reset.

It sure acts like a over heat protection circuit, but like I mentioned
before, that fixutre is pretty hot normally when the lights are on, even
on the one that works. Nothing shocking with 2 60watt bulbs a inch away
from the housing.