Guess who

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 21:08:17 GMT, Larry Spitz
wrote:

I would appreciate some net-advice on how to drill a straight line of holes
at constant spacing and at a 45 degree angle to the surface of the wood.
Since I want to do this on the 2 inch surface of a 1x2x24, it is not
practical to drill perpendicular holes and them to slice the workpiece at 45
degrees.

The angle and the spacing must be held as constant as possible.

It is the same concept that is used in Cado modular furniture,

Let me try an ASCII drawing

_________________________________________________ ___________________
\\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\
\\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ \\ 1"
24"

Any tips would be appreciated.

You've already got good advice. My tidbit is to first drill small
leader holes vertically to avoid slippage when drilling at the angle.
Use the idea of a jig suggested. Constancy depends on your skill.

Also, I'd accept a bit of wastage if I'm reading your diagram
correctly. The hole definition is important to you, so possibly use a
longer piece to have something to grab while drilling, then cut off to
the 24" you want.