Tom MacIntyre

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 21:45:07 GMT, "NSM" wrote:

"Tom MacIntyre" wrote in message
.. .

| Sorry, Sam, you should've really paid attention to the "been there"
| part...I have had a situation like this arise, and within the past 25
| years, with fairly new (at the time) equipment. While attaching a
| video cable between 2 pieces of Telidon equipment in 1983, the lights
| dimmed, a growling noise occured, and smoke emanated from one of the
| units. A meter check revealed that one plug was wired in reverse.

Irrespective, that should never happen. In 1983, no equipment should have
had a hot chassis. The only maker who used to do this (to save the cost of a
power transformer) was Philips who made tube radios and TVs like this and
they went to great lengths to avoid problems. All devices had a well
attached back cover, all pot shafts etc. had sealant applied over the grub
screws and antenna wires were isolated with capacitors.

You are missing the point...once an Abominable Snowman has been
captured and identified, it officially exists. Coelecanth, etc...it
happened, and it happened to me; I witnessed it...therefore, it
exists.

Tom