Edwin Pawlowski

Default Cherry & birds-eye maple finish?

"SteveC1280" wrote in message
I just completed a cherry jewelry box for SWMBO with birds-eye maple drawer
fronts. This is my first cherry project. What do you recommend for a
finish
that will compliment both woods? I don't plan to stain. Yes, I did a
google
search.

Danish or tung oil brings out the color nicely. I just did some boxes for
gifts and put a coat of Danish oil, then after sitting for a week, a few
coats of lacquer. Unfortunately, the lacquer is in a spray can and difficult
to get a nice smooth professional finish.