davefr

If it hasn't been used in 25 yrs, then how old is it??

I'd worry about 2 things. (ie asbestos insulation and lethal
refrigerent). Old refrigeration systems had a refrigerent used before
Freon that could be lethal. (I think it was ammonia based.)

Would it go back upstairs by removing the lid?? That might be the
best solution.

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:30:17 -0800, steve
wrote:

Old Chest Freezer is in parents basement. It hasent been used in 25
years. It wonr fit back out the cellar stairs.

Is it safe to cut it up with a recipricating saw??
Would there be anything inside I should worry about?

TIA

Steve