Christopher H. Laco

Default Ceiling Fan: Light Getting Freaky

First, Merry Christmas! Why am I up at 3:38am? The Mrs. went to work at
the local childrens hospital at 3. Yuk.

I've got a problem with my ceiling fan that is going to make me nuts.
It's a Hunter Rosemont and it's about a year and a half old.

Sometime in the last week or so, the lights started to flicker/dim. At
first, I assumes these were mini bronw outs with the electric itself.

Then the night before last without warning, the lights just went off on
the ceiling fan. At first I figured maybe one bulb was out, I didn't
notice, and now the second one went out. After switching bulbs the light
didn't work, so I shut of the wall switch and went to bed.

Sure enough, when I got up in yesterday morning, I switched on the wall
switch and the lights came back on. Figures.

But the time I went to bed the were off again. Again, this morning they
wored again for about 10 minutes. Did a few flickers, then went off.

During this whole ordeal, the fan part works just fine. Now, the first
thought that comes to mind with a flicker is a short. I've checked the
wiring, and everything seems fine.

Has anyone else seen these light fixtures go silly? The metal seemed a
bit warm, but not really and warmer than my other Rosemont fan in my
other room. Maybe the remote and board just went wonky; although the
remote works just fine for the fan.

Maybe just for giggles I'll swap the lighting fixture between the fans
and see if the problem follows.

Thanks,
-=Chris