JerryMouse

Paul M wrote:
Tsk Tsk

PLEASE don't answer sincere questions with Speculation.

NO ONE before Christ's sacrifice has gone to Heaven. They await (not
consciously of course) the resurrection.

Uh, no. "Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, for God took him." Here
we have a mortal that never even died, and, perforce, didn't need to be
resurrected.

I'd sure hate to be a part of your "religious tradition" if pondering
and speculation are frowned upon. (Blind Faith?)

I'm Jewish. It's not "pondering" and "speculation" that's frowned upon,
goodness knows, you get two Jews together and you you get three opinions!
It's preoccupation with the hereafter that's discouraged. The Rabbis teach
there are four things on which we should not dwell: "That which came before,
that which will come later, that which is above, and that which is below."
The primary reason for this dictum is that such speculation takes time away
from improving this world.

There is no "belief" or "faith" test in Judaism, blind or otherwise. One can
be a "Good Jew" and also an athiest.

Yes, Gods son HAD to be sacrificed (life for life) .. if you want to
know where to find the answer and the reason .. email is welcome.

No, I'll pass. I understand where you're coming from.

Heaven, is not a physical place .. Hence No Gold Streets.

Hmm. The Book of Revelation says "... and the street of the city was pure
gold...," at least that's what John SAW.

As much as you and hollywood would like to believe it .. People do
not die and then become angels to live in Heaven. Angels were/are
"created" beings.

That's nice. But who said anything about angles?

"For these (spirit beings) were the Heavens created ... As for man:
The Meek shall inherit the Earth and LIVE FOREVER upon IT."

That's cool. Judaism, too, holds that the eventual "heaven" will be an earth
filled with righteous people - not necessarily the meek - although they
could be. Our job is to teach the right path before Hell fills up.

As I pointed out in my post to PrecisionMachinist, the Vast Majority
of folks are misinformed/misled about what is and is not in
scripture.

Oh, I agree. Even worse, those who do know what's in the Bible are often
mistaken in their understanding. This misunderstanding is not always their
fault. For example: "Jehovah" is a manufactured word made up of the
consonants of one word and the vowels of another, completely different,
word. Moses never knew "Jehovah." Neither did Jesus. Still, most of the
misunderstanding of scripture is self-inflicted.

See, what God said is sometimes not what He meant and sometimes He didn't
mean what He said. Pretty much the same thing with our Constitution. And my
ex-wife.